National Average Success Rate
Success Rate for Creighton Graduates
While the value of an education cannot be measured simply in dollars and cents, you can be sure that the bottom line of a Creighton education is sound. Creighton graduates are considered highly regarded, desirable candidates as they search for employment or post-graduate education. Just look at the numbers:
- 96% Success Rate (compared to 70-80% nationally)
With 96% of our students employed, volunteering, or attending graduate or professional school within eight months of graduation, Creighton graduates go places with their degrees. Creighton's success rate is significantly higher than the national average which is usually in the 70-80% range 6-8 months after graduation. (This success rate includes the group of students in this graduation class year that were accepted into professional school before completing their baccalaureate degrees at Creighton.)
- 49% Arts & Sciences Post-graduate Study Rate
About half of the students in the College of Arts and Sciences pursue graduate or professional degrees immediately following their undergraduate programs. Between 5 and 10 percent more enter graduate or professional programs following "gap years" to do volunteer work or to take more classes to become more competitive for graduate and professional school.
2012 - 2013 Graduate Salaries by Undergraduate College
|College||Creighton Average Salary|
|Arts & Sciences||$34,684|
|Business||$46,296 (Median - $47,000)|
2012 - 2013 Graduates by Undergraduate College
Arts and Sciences
Heider College of
|College||Employed||Grad/Professional School||Volunteer Programs||Still Searching||Success Rate|
|Arts & Sciences||35.57%||49.42%||9.93%||4.62%||95.38%|
- The overall success rate for all undergraduate colleges eight months after graduation is 95.54%. This is very consistent with the success rate for 2011-12 graduates and is significantly higher than the national average which is usually in the 70-80% range 6-8 months after graduation.
- The success rate for Heider College of Business graduates is nearly 95% which is very similar to the past several years.
- Heider College of Business graduates enjoyed a 4% increase in salary over last year while College of Nursing salaries exceeded last year’s average by 6.5%.
- More than 32% of the entire graduating class was successfully accepted into graduate and professional school programs. The College of Arts and Sciences percentage is 49%. If considering all those students in CCAS that take “gap years” to do volunteer work or to take more classes to get more competitive for graduate and professional school, that figure increases to 55-60%.
75% of all graduates respond to the multiple surveys sent over the course of nine months after. Compared to national average response rate, which is usually lower than 50%, this 75% response rate is much more representative of the total graduating class. Surveys that receive a response of less than 50% are much more likely to be skewed toward a higher success rate than is actually true. This is because most recent graduates are much more likely to respond when they have a job offer or when they are successfully enrolled in a grad/professional school program than if they are still searching.
Creighton Response Rate:
National Response Rate: