Freshman Academic Profile
2013 Freshman Academic Profile
This year's freshman class is among the strongest and most diverse Creighton University has welcomed to campus. Our students' achievements in the classroom and in extracurricular activities rank Creighton among the top 50 private universities in the nation.
Here's an overview:
- Creighton's freshman academic profile ranks Creighton University among the top six private Midwest universities with over 4,000 undergraduates. Other universities on that list include Notre Dame, Northwestern, Washington University in St. Louis and the University of Chicago. Creighton University is in good company, both in its region and the nation.
- This year's freshman class has a record number of students from Minnesota, California and Illinois. Overall, 47% of Creighton's freshman class is from over 400 miles away from campus.
- 55 freshmen were valedictorians of their high school graduating classes. 67 ranked in the top 2 of their high school graduating classes.
- 91% of last year's freshman class stayed at Creighton for their sophomore year. By comparison, the national average for private schools is 67.3%. Students that start at Creighton stay at Creighton.
|High School Grade Point Average||ACT Equivalent|
|Median GPA||3.81||Median ACT Equivalent||27.00|
|Middle 50%||3.50 - 4.00||Middle 50%||24 - 30|
|High School Rank||ACT Equivalent Range|
|Top 5%||24%||ACT Range||% of Creighton Class||National|
|Top 10%||40%||32 or higher||13%||Top 2%|
|Top 25%||69%||30 or higher||25%||Top 5%|
|27 or higher||52%||Top 15%|
Diversity of Freshmen
- 25% Students of color
- 16% First-generation college students
- 26% Creighton legacies
- 62% Catholic students
- 39:61 Male-Female Student Ratio
Creighton has more regional and national geographical diversity than most major Midwestern universities--and also more diversity than the West Coast and East Coast private universities.
- 33% of our freshman class is from less than 200 miles away.
- 20% of our freshman class is from 200 - 400 miles away.
- 47% of our freshman class is from more than 400 miles away.
- 25% of our freshman class is form more than 1,000 miles away.
|210||from Nebraska||166||from Midwest||50||from Southwest|
|231||from Upper Midwest||169||from West/Mountain||44||from South/East/Abroad|
Service and Leadership Activities
|Accomplishments/Involvement||Percent of Admits|
|Service or Church Organization Member||83%|
|Fine or Performing Arts||49%|
|Academic Club Member||46%|
|Student Government Representative||31%|
|Leadership or Service Award||7%|
|Newspaper, Literary Magazine, TV, Radio||22%|
|Debate/Mock Trail/Model UN||15%|
|Multicultural or Ethnic Organization Member||14%|