There is no deadline. We admit students on a rolling basis. Students must apply by December 1 of their senior year in order to be given priority consideration for scholarships.
Creighton does accept AP credits based on the score earned on the AP tests. Get the most current AP acceptance information at Advanced Placement.
Once your application is complete (application and all supplemental materials have been received by the admissions office), the review process should take about four weeks. The first notifications of admission for Fall 2014 will be sent out November 1, 2013.
Creighton looks for students who are strong both in and outside the classroom. Admissions are based upon high school GPA, ACT or SAT scores, extra-curricular activities and a high school counselor recommendation. The Personal Statement is an excellent way of demonstrating creative abilities and attributes not reflected through transcripts. We recommend a high school curriculum that includes 4 years of English, Math and Social Science, along with three years of Natural Science, Foreign Language, and Electives. We encourage students to take a solid college preparatory curriculum that challenges and expands their academic skills. Program, honors sections and Advanced Placement courses will enhance a candidate's application packet. We accept the highest composite score of the ACT and the best Math and Verbal scores on the SAT.
See the profile of our current students.
- Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarship
- Official high school transcripts and grading scale (sent directly from your high school)
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- ACT or SAT I Scores (writing scores not required for ACT/SAT)
- $40 non-refundable application fee (waived for on-line applications)
- Personal Statement
- Service, leadership, and activities resume
- Teacher recommendation(s) (optional?may be teacher, mentor, advisor, etc.)
In Creighton's incoming freshman class the median weighted GPA is 3.75; the mean ACT score is 26.5; and the mean SAT score is 1210.
Creighton's ACT code is 2444 and the SAT code is 6121.
The best time to apply is early fall of your senior year.