To apply, send the following items to the Admissions Office:
- Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarship
- Official high school transcripts and grading scale (sent directly from your high school)
- High school counselor evaluation
- ACT or SAT I Scores (writing scores not required for ACT/SAT)
- $40 non-refundable application fee (waived for on-line applications)
- Personal Statement
- Service, leadership, and activities resume (for students who want to be considered for Ignatius of Loyola Service and Leadership Scholarship for service and leadership)--see sample resume (.pdf)
- Teacher recommendation(s) (optional--may be teacher, mentor, advisor, etc.)
By completing the general Application for Admission and Scholarship, you will automatically be considered for University Awards, Founders Awards, Magis Awards and the Ignatius of Loyola Service and Leadership Scholarship.
To receive priority consideration for scholarships, your Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarship and all required credentials must be received by the Office of Admissions no later than January 7, 2013.
Recommended High School Curriculum
|Subject||Minimum units||Recommended units|
|Algebra and Higher Mathematics||3||4|
|Natural Science (with labs)||2||3|
Challenge yourself with a solid, college preparatory curriculum that expands your academic skills. You will also enhance your application packet by participating in the International Baccalaureate Program, honors sections and Advanced Placement courses.
Creighton accepts the highest composite score on the ACT or SAT I. Creighton does not require or review the written portion of either test in its admission process. When you register to take these tests, be sure to have your official score sent directly to Creighton (ACT code number: 2444, SAT code number: 6121). Test early and often to score as high as possible.
Transfer Students/Students Applying for Re-admission
You can apply as a transfer student if you are in good academic standing at another accredited university, college or junior college. Both your college-level work and high school academic record are considered for admission. An overall college GPA of 2.75 (4.0 scale) or higher is recommended for acceptance.
Former Creighton students who reapply do not need to send duplicates of previously submitted records and fees. Students who have attended another university since leaving Creighton must have their official transcripts from those institutions sent to Creighton.
For international applicants, please refer to the information found on the international admissions page.