Creighton University values students that bring with them a strong academic record and personal character, the desire to contribute their gifts and talents to society, and great potential for success. Admission to Creighton is holistic and selective. Students are admitted after careful consideration of their entire application portfolio.
- Fill out and submit the Common Application.
- Submit one letter of recommendation. This should be from a teacher, coach, mentor, counselor, or other school official who can attest to your academic and social preparedness for study abroad.
- Request your high school transcripts be sent to Creighton University. (Official certified translations into English must be included with the original if in another language.)
- Request your test scores be sent to Creighton University. The SAT or ACT is required for students in most countries. For students who cannot submit the SAT or ACT: TOEFL or IELTS results are acceptable. Minimum score requirements for English proficiency:
- TOEFL -- 80 iBT (no sub score under 18)
- IELTS -- Overall band score of 6.5 (no sub score lower than 6)
Candidates who fail to meet these test score requirements will be considered for conditional admission if they meet all other academic qualifications.
- Submit any external examination results or predicted results that mark the completion of secondary school and adequate qualification for university in your home country. Examples of such tests include:
- Cambridge Examinations
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Exams
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Exams
In addition to the required credentials, students are encouraged to supplement their application in the following ways:
- Participate in a Skype, phone, or in-person interview
- Submit any certificates of major achievement or recognition
- Provide an additional recommendation letter (no more than three will be reviewed)
Certification of Available Finances
To be issued an I-20 for the F-1 student visa, students must show proof that they have adequate financial resources to support a year of study in the U.S. Please submit the Certification of Available Finances with your application and attach a bank statement or letter of support.
Creighton University reviews applications on a rolling basis. The priority deadline for admission and scholarship consideration is March 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
Statement of Integrity
Creighton University values academic integrity and strongly discourages the use of third-party agents to prepare university applications. Any student found to employ or engage a third party to complete or alter any portion of the university application will be disqualified from admission consideration. In addition, admitted or enrolled Creighton students found to have violated this standard will be dismissed and the offer of admission rescinded.
Cambridge International Examinations
International O-levels and IGCSE may be recognized for matriculation purposes in some countries. Passes in 5 subjects with at least grade -C- are required for admission consideration.
A pass of at least grade -C- in O-level English satisfies the English language proficiency requirement for university entrance. Students who achieve this score do not need to present a TOEFL or IELTS score.
International A-levels are recognized for matriculation purposes. For more information on university credit for A-levels, please refer to our Cambridge A-levels policy.
Those who sit for IB examinations may be awarded university credit for outstanding achievement. For Creighton University's policy on IB credit, please visit our Advanced Placement webpage.
|Subject||Minimum units||Recommended units|
|Algebra and Higher Mathematics||3||4|
|Natural Science (with labs)||2||3|
Challenge yourself with a solid, college preparatory curriculum that expands your academic skills. You will also enhance your application packet by participating in the International Baccalaureate Program, honors sections and Advanced Placement courses.
Creighton accepts the highest composite score on the ACT or SAT I. Creighton does not require or review the written portion of either test in its admission process.
When you register to take these tests, be sure to have your official score sent directly to Creighton (ACT code number: 2444, SAT code number: 6121). Test early and often to score as high as possible.
Transfer Students/Students Applying for Re-admission
You can apply as a transfer student if you are in good academic standing at another accredited university, college or junior college. Both your college-level work and high school academic record are considered for admission. An overall college GPA of 2.75 (4.0 scale) or higher is recommended for acceptance.
Former Creighton students who reapply do not need to send duplicates of previously submitted records and fees. Students who have attended another university since leaving Creighton must have their official transcripts from those institutions sent to Creighton.