Transfer Admissions Requirements
You can apply as a transfer student if you are in good academic standing at another accredited university, college or junior college. Both your college-level work and high school academic record are considered for admission. An overall college GPA of 2.75 (4.0 scale) or higher is recommended for acceptance.
Former Creighton students who reapply do not need to send duplicates of previously submitted records and fees. Students who have attended another university since leaving Creighton must have their official transcripts from those institutions sent to Creighton.
- Simply create your username and password for the online application.
- Begin your online Application for Admission and/or the following scholarships and programs.
You can also use The Common Application to apply online for admission.
While there is not an official deadline for transfer students to apply for admission to Creighton, the earlier you apply, the more options you will have in your choice of classes and residence halls. We strongly encourage you to complete an admissions application by May 1st if you plan on beginning in the fall semester and December 1st if you plan on enrolling for the spring semester.
Transfer Application Checklist
To be considered for admission, students transferring from another college or university must submit the following items to the Admissions Office:
- Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarship
- Official high school transcripts and grading scale (sent directly from your high school)
- ACT or SAT I Scores (if you have fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit)
- Official transcripts from each previous college or university attended
- Counselor Evaluation (if you have been out of high school less than 1 year)
- Personal Statement
- Teacher recommendation (Optional)
For more information about admission requirements, visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Transfer scholarships are largely based on your academic performance at your previous university, but we also take into account high school performance (especially if you have not been in college very long). We automatically review for scholarship at the time you apply for admission. Please keep in mind that transfer scholarships are limited.
By completing the general Application for Admission, you will automatically be considered for our transfer merit scholarships.
To be considered for need-based financial aid, please have your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information sent to Creighton. Based on your FAFSA information, we will evaluate your eligibility for federal grants, loans and work-study. In addition, we will also consider you for Creighton's need-based grants.
Spring Semester 2013
- Classes begin: January 16, 2013
- Classes end: May 11, 2013
Fall Semester 2013
- Classes begin: August 21, 2013
- Classed end: December 13, 2013