At Creighton, we help you thrive through our student resources – powerful tools and knowledge centers you can use to guide your life on campus. We offer academic and career counseling, assistance with banking and technology, and more.
Take a look below to find the resources you need:
New students for the Fall term will register for courses this summer. Here are some tips to help you prepare for registration.
A Ratio Studiorum Program (RSP) Advisor will be assigned as your pre-major advisor. If you plan to attend Summer Preview, you will have an appointment with that Advisor before you register. If you are not attending Preview, your Advisor will contact you by phone.
Before you visit with your advisor, check out these resources.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Heider College of Business
- College of Nursing
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Undergraduate Academic Calendar
Required Courses for All Students: Magis Core Curriculum
“Magis” stands for “more” and reflects Creighton’s Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values. For general information on the Core visit:
- Magis Core Curriculum Information and Guidelines (Also lists guidelines for various types of examination credit, such as AP, CLEP, etc.)
Depending on the college you are enrolled in, you may have different or additional Core Requirements. Visit your college’s page for details.
- College of Arts and Sciences Magis Core Overview
- Heider College of Business Core Overview
- College of Nursing Core Overview
Foreign Language Exams
- Foreign Language is not required in all colleges, so discuss this with your advisor. If you plan to major or minor in a language, you should continue your language study your freshman year.
- If you have already studied French, German, or Spanish and want to continue in that language, you must take a placement exam before you register. Be sure to discuss this with your advisor.
- For a placement exam in French, German, or Spanish, please consult the Department of Modern Languages & Literatures website.
- For placement in Latin, please consult the Department of Classical & Near Eastern Studies website.
Information on Schedule Planning and Registration
Questions about courses or registering?
- Registrar’s office:
- 402-280-2702 or registrar [at] creighton [dot] edu (Email)
- College of Arts & Sciences:
- Heider College of Business:
- College of Nursing:
College has a language all its own. Here are some terms you should become familiar with, as you will hear them regularly at Creighton!
Creighton offers a variety of student services to set you up for success. Browse our Academic Resources to find out more about our services:
Creighton helps you take care of your banking needs quickly and conveniently. As an admitted student, you have premier access to:
- JayBuck$: our own stored-value debit system, free and safe to use
- US Bank Student Checking: a checking program customized for the Creighton student — use your student ID at any ATM and to make PIN debit purchases
- Creighton Federal Credit Union: a local credit union located on campus
Campus Bookstore Hours
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Creighton gives you the tools and support you need to connect with your technology. We encourage you to browse our Creighton-specific computer recommendations so you get the most out of your equipment academically. In addition, we recommend that you take advantage of iJay, our student-run Apple reseller store, for both computer-related purchases and technical support for your Apple products.
Please note that as an admitted student, you are entitled to free access to Microsoft Word and discounted Microsoft software.
If you need general technical support or to reset your Creighton passwords, please contact our Division of Information Technology:
- Email: doit4students [at] creighton [dot] edu
- Phone: 402.280.1111