At Creighton, you’re more than an exam score. In determining whether Creighton’s right for you, we consider all of your qualifications for college admissions, from what you’ve done to who you are. Find out below what materials you need to submit to be considered for admission to Creighton.
Admissions Prerequisites and Requirements
To be considered for admission, you should submit the following to our Office of Admissions:
A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission
Your official high school transcript, including the scale on which you were graded, sent directly from your high school (please note: if your transcript is in a language other than English, you should also submit an official translation of the transcript)
One to three letters of recommendation, written by one of your teachers, coaches, counselors, or mentors, attesting to your academic and social preparedness to study at Creighton
Your ACT exam scores (sent to Creighton via our ACT school code, 2444) or SAT exam scores (sent via our SAT school code, 6121), writing portion not required. This requirement may be waived when the SAT or ACT is not accessible. To request an SAT or ACT waiver, please e-mail us at admissionsinternational [at] creighton [dot] edu (subject: SAT%2FACT%20Waiver%20Request) with “SAT/ACT Waiver Request” in the email subject line.
Proof of English language proficiency by submitting one of the following English proficiency exam scores:
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 88 (no subsection lower than 20 preferred) or
- An overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0 required)
English proficiency exams may be waived in certain circumstances; please see below for more details.
Any external examination results or forthcoming results that mark the completion of secondary school and adequate qualification for university in your country of origin (e.g. Cambridge International Examinations, International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, West African Examination Council (WAEC) exams)
In addition to submitting these materials, we encourage, but do not require, that you supplement your application by scheduling a phone, Skype or in-person interview, and send us certificates of your major achievements.
Additional Application Considerations
Students may have the TOEFL or IELTS requirement waived if they meet one of the following criteria at the time of the application:
1. Successfully completed at least two consecutive years of coursework at a high school located in the United States with minimal ESL coursework.
2. Achieved at least grade “A” in IGCSE, AS, or A-level English (not English as a Second Language).
3. Passed all exit exams in Creighton’s Intensive English Language Institute.
4. Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore, may also have the English testing requirement waived.
5. Creighton reserves the right to require an English proficiency exam score of any applicant.
6. Undergraduate Admissions may consider waiving the English score requirements for other students. To request an English waiver, please e-mail us at admissionsinternational [at] creighton [dot] edu with “English Score Waiver Request” in the e-mail subject line.
Creighton is proud to award credit for sufficiently high AICE A-level grades as offered by Cambridge University. Please review the courses we accept and the corresponding grade benchmarks, available here as a PDF.
International O-levels and IGCSE may be recognized for matriculation purposes in some countries. Passes in 5 subjects with at least grade C are required for admission consideration.
To be issued an I-20 for the F-1 student visa, students must demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to support a year of study in the U.S. Please submit the Certification of Available Finances with your application and attach a bank statement or letter of support.
Creighton University values academic integrity and strongly discourages the use of third-party agents to prepare university applications. Any student found to employ or engage a third party to complete or alter any portion of the university application will be disqualified from admission consideration. In addition, admitted or enrolled Creighton students found to have violated this standard will be dismissed and the offer of admission rescinded.