At Creighton, you’re more than an exam score. In determining whether Creighton’s right for you, we consider all of your qualifications for college admissions, from what you’ve done to who you are. Find out below what materials you need to submit to be considered for admission to Creighton.
Admissions Prerequisites and Requirements
To be considered for admission, you should submit the following to our Office of Admissions:
A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission
Your high school transcript, either official or unofficial. Please make sure it includes:
- The scale on which you were graded and,
- An English translation, if in another language.
If you submit an unofficial copy, please make sure you submit an official copy by June 15th, 2017. An official copy is considered official if it meets one of these criteria:
- Is sent directly from your high school or university
- Is sent directly by your guidance counsellor
- Is sent in a sealed and stamped envelope, with official stamps on each page
- Is sent directly from a credential evaluator, such as WES (wes.org) or ECE (ece.org)
One or two letters of recommendation, written by one of your teachers, coaches, counselors, or mentors, attesting to your academic and social preparedness to study at Creighton.
Proof of English language proficiency by submitting one of the following:
- Your IELTS or TOEFL scores. See below for information on unconditional, Bridge and conditional scores. Creighton is able to offer conditional admission if the applicant does not meet unconditional criteria.
- Acceptance letter, completion certificate or letter of good standing with expected completion date from IELI, or other approved and accredited English language program,
- Completion of at least two years of high school in the United States,
- Attending high school in one of the following countries: Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore.
|Admission Type||TOEFL Score||IELTS SCore|
|Unconditional||88 or above (no section below 20)||Overall 6.5 or above (no section below 6.0)|
|Bridge||68-87||Overall 6.5 (with one or more sections below 6.0) or overall 6.0|
|Conditional||67 or below||Overall 5.5 or below|
Your ACT or SAT exam scores are recommended, but not required. If you would like to send your scores, please use the below school codes.
- ACT: school code 2444
- SAT: school code 6121
Once we have your completed application with all documents, your application file will be reviewed by the admissions committee and you will be considered for any merit scholarships you may be eligible. Find out more about scholarship opportunities and financial aid at Creighton today.
Do you need to take the IELTS or TOEFL, or want more information on taking the SAT or ACT? Make sure to contact your local EducationUSA advising center for information on testing centers, test dates and practice options. Learn more about how an EducationUSA advising center can help you prepare for college in the United States today.
Statement of Integrity
Students should be honest and provide official documentation as a part of their application process. If any documents are found to be fraudulent, we reserve the right to cancel the application or rescind the offer of admission.