Creighton is a wonderful place for students, faculty and staff to live, learn and serve. Sure, we know we’re one of the top Midwest universities and offer the best Jesuit education. But don’t take our word for it. See what everyone else is saying about Creighton and our schools and colleges.
A Top Ranked National University
Creighton University ranks in the top third of U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 rankings for National Universities. This marks Creighton’s inaugural appearance on the prestigious list of approximately 1,900 four-year colleges and universities nationwide. A top-ranking National University classification marks an elevation in Creighton’s reputation. For 16 years in a row, Creighton had been recognized as No. 1 in the Midwest category. View more details.
Universities in this category are recognized by U.S. News & World Report for offering a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master’s and doctoral programs, as well as for producing groundbreaking research.
U.S. News also ranks Creighton as a top national university for service-learning opportunities, real-world internship opportunities, a best value and best undergraduate teaching.
Three programs in the Heider College of Business earned recognition among the Top 100 Best Undergraduate Business Programs, with a No. 20 ranking in Finance, a No. 25 ranking in Accounting and No. 32 Management Information Systems (Business Intelligence and Analytics)
Goldwater and Fulbright Scholars
Creighton is the No. 1 producer of Goldwater Scholars among Catholic universities over the past 10 years, and places among the top 25 private universities producing such scholars — joining the ranks with Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and MIT. In the past 15 years, Creighton has produced 23 Goldwater Scholars, and since 2005, 17 Fulbrights.
Best College Dining Experience
Creighton University was ranked #39 in the top 50 College Dining Experiences by CollegeRank.net. Schools were chosen and ranked according to four factors: Versatility, Nutrition and Wellness, Sustainability, and Accessibility. Learn more about Creighton Dining Services.
A Top School for Military Students
U.S. News & World Report named Creighton a top 100 national university for veterans in 2020.
Creighton was also named a 2019-2020 “military-friendly” school by the Military Friendly® resource and media group.
Military Advanced Education & Transition selected Creighton University as a top school in the 2018 MAE&T Guide to Colleges & Universities research study.
Named a Top University for 2019 and 2020
The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education named Creighton one of the top universities in the U.S.
Creighton is recognized by four academic ranking organizations, Forbes, Kiplinger, The Princeton Review and the Center for World University Rankings, among the nation’s top higher education institutions.
- On its list of 2019 Best College Values, Kiplinger ranks Creighton No. 150 out of 400 overall and No. 46 among private institutions.
- The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) ranks Creighton No. 966 out of 20,000 schools worldwide. Nationally, the CWUR places the University at No. 212.
- The Princeton Review has included Creighton in the 2020 edition of its annual guide, The Best 385 Colleges. The publication praises Creighton for its robust campus life and hardworking students inclined toward community service.
- Forbes magazine has rated Creighton No. 194 on its list of the nation’s top 650 colleges that deliver “the top academics, best experiences, career success and lowest debt.”
A “Best Value” College
- The Princeton Review selected Creighton as one of the nation’s best-value institutions in its 2019 edition of “Best Value Colleges: 200 Schools with Exceptional ROI for Your Tuition Investment.”
- Creighton was also named among the 25 schools “Making an Impact.”
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance named Creighton University among its “Best College Values for 2018. Kiplinger’s assesses quality according to measurable standards, including the admission rate, the percentage of students who return for sophomore year, the student-faculty ratio and the four-year graduation rate. Cost criteria include sticker prices, financial aid and average debt at graduation.
A College of Distinction
High school guidance counselors are some of our biggest fans. Many recommend us for our student engagement, quality of teaching, vibrancy of the college community and success of graduates. That support—and other research—earned us a dedicated profile on Colleges of Distinction.
Named Fair Trade University
We’re proud to be the first Jesuit university to achieve Fair Trade status as part of Fair Trade Colleges & Universities, a national initiative to recognize institutions’ efforts to support fair trade through five criteria.